Pages

Sunday 18 November 2018

Sunday Stamps N3 - Malawi, Netherlands, Norway

When I worked in Norway (for nearly 10 years) I saw and travelled on a lot of their boats but none that matched or allowed me to name ships like this - 

Norway - 7 October 1893
North Norwegian Ships
I've found some birds again this week from the Netherlands and Malawi.

Netherlands - 2 February 1999
100 years of Nature Preservation
Platalea leucorodia is a spoonbill.

For the 'N' connection of the Malawi bird you have to know its Latin name.

Malawi - 13 November 1968
Netarinia senegalensis
For other 'N' related stamps check out the links at Sunday-stamps-n.

4 comments:

violet s said...

I do like the scarlet chest of this sunbird.
It looks like rough sailing for that North Norwegian vessel.

Mail Adventures said...

I like the connections you made. Sometimes I think you know the whole world!

Joy said...

Love a spoonbill. Yes I'd like to see those ships for real. One of the fascinations is they use small rocks for ballast and in stormy weather they roll out of the boat.

FinnBadger said...

I am not the biggest fan of being on a modern ship, I can't imagine the courage and sense of adventure people had back then.