Pages

Sunday 26 August 2018

Sunday Stamps B3 Belgium, Belize, Canada

By a coincidence two of the countries I have this week begin with 'B'. However their subjects are also related to 'B'.

Belgium - 10 September 1953
King Baudouin
Baudouin came to the throne after the abdication of of his father King Leopold III. Baudouin was the fifth king of the Belgians from 1951 until his death in 1993.

The marine life on the Belize Coral Reef includes this fish - 

Belize - 27 February 1984
Four-eyed Butterfly Fish
The species gets its name from the dark spots on its dorsal fin.

I wonder whether it contains many bones.

Canada - 5 May 2016
Dr Leonard 'Bones' McCoy
Even if you are not a Star Trek fan you may pick the bones of more 'B' stamps at Sunday-stamps-b.


6 comments:

FinnBadger said...

I'm enjoying all the Bs you found, Bob. And the subjects are two I don't recall ever hearing about - King Bedouin and the Butterfly Fish, so thanks for once again educating me.

Joy said...

Beautiful fish stamp. The Baudouin stamp of that time always looked different than the other royal stamps of countries possibly because of his youth.

violet s said...

I don't know much about Belgium's monarchy, but I would guess this king ruled during a rather difficult time.
The Belize fish is interesting - would love to go snorkeling there!

Maria said...

The Belize stamps are beautiful! I almost posted about Belize for B as well but decided to feature a stamp closer to home instead.

Ana said...

the fish stamps is lovely! And a nice combination of B's there :)

Mail Adventures said...

I expected Belgium today, but Belize is a rare country!