Pages

Sunday 9 October 2016

Post related - Sunday Stamps II

Two stamps from the USA seem appropriate for this week's postal theme.

USA - 3 May 1963
Montgomery Blair was the US Post Master who organised First International Postal Conference in Paris in 1863.

These days it is rare that we receive a Special Delivery like this - Hand to Hand

USA - 3 September 1957
I can't work out what the other stamp is on the envelope.

When it comes to special deliveries, not many can be as special as this.

Great Britain 
The Labrador, Rowan, carrying the letter is from the set of six Working Dogs issued on 5 February 2008.

To keep up the postal connection, visit the links at Sunday-Stamps-II-95.

6 comments:

Joy said...

Love the letter carrying labrador, you wouldn't want a bulldog to be doing that:) The hand to hand is a nice idea for a stamp.

Mail Adventures said...

You're right with the special deliveries... Now I have a post office box. But, still, when I enter the post office, they call me by my name and hand me the mail. Probably I'm one of the people who receive more international mail (and mail art) in that post office, so everybody knows me.

VioletSky said...

The hand to hand delivery was definitely not going to happen to me last week when I came across our mail carrier filling up the mailboxes. I asked for my postcards and told her my apartment number, but she insisted on putting them in my slot and making me open the outside door with my key to get them.

Maria said...

Back in my hometown, we don't really have post boxes. My father works in the community hall until now and for his past role as community councilman, part of his responsibility was to deliver by hand postal items. He used to do that with his bicycle :)

Jo said...

No special deliveries any more. Love the dog carrying the letter. Do you have the whole set? Bet they are good.

Bob Scotney said...

Jo - I'm still looking fro the rest of the set.

Maria - the email you gave me in your comment last week does not work.