Pages

Sunday 29 September 2019

Sunday Stamps - Churches; Austria, Great Britain

I've used up all but one of my stamps containing churches.

Mariazell in Austria contains one of the most visited shrines in Austria.

Austria - 25 October 1952
The church contains an image of the Virgin Mary carved in wood which is said to word miracles. Over a million visitors a year visit the small town.

In 1972 Great Britain issued a series of stamps on the Architecture of British Churches. St Andrews in Letheringsett, Norfolk and St Andrews in Helpringham, Lincolnshire are the two that I showed before in 2016.




For another of Austria's churches and links to other churches check out the links at Sunday-stamps-churches.

3 comments:

Mail Adventures said...

The first one may not be so colourful, but the British surely are! I love those illustrations.

violet s said...

The British stamps definitely have oddly coloured backgrounds (but, I think suit the time)
is it just me or is it unusual to have the denomination centred on the bottom?

Joy said...

Austria have produced some attractive architecture stamps. East Anglian flint churches are at the top of my favourites list.