Pages

Sunday 4 December 2016

Wild Animals - Sunday Stamps II

After struggling last week, this week couldn't have been more different with so many stamps to choose from.

Africa is a continent with many animals depicted on stamps, some of which I have included before. The King of them all for me is shown on a Malawi stamp from 2011, one of the Big Five.



Not quite as attractive is the animal on stamp from 1954 - head and shoulders only.


South Africa - Warthog
The Czech Republic has many wild animal shots; some smaller one are shown in these stamps from April 1996.



They are from left to right:
  • Eliomys quercinus - Garden Dormouse
  • Dryomys nitedula - Forest Dormouse
  • Spermophilus citellus - European Ground Squirrel
  • Sicista betulina - Northern Birch Mouse


For more wild animals visit Sunday-Stamps-II-103. to see what you can find.

7 comments:

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Bob - lovely stamps .. and I'm so pleased you translated for us ... the 'mices' and the ground squirrel ... the lion does look really regal, while my favourite is the warthog ... I just think they're marvellous animals ... love the antenna tails not seen here - have you got the other half?! ... cheers Hilary

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

cool :)

Mail Adventures said...

Beautiful choices. People usually don't associate mice to wild animals...

Joy said...

I like the forest dormouse peering over the branch, attractive Czech set.

FinnBadger said...

Fantastic lion, and I think My favorite is the warthog.

Maria said...

Hi Bob, it's nice to see smaller wild animals on stamps for a change :)

Jo said...

I love those stamps. Like Hilary, I love the warthog. The lion is magnificent though.