Pages

Wednesday 15 August 2018

Thematic Photography - Floored

You should not slip up on the industrial flooring that Carmi has posted for this prompt.

It reminded me that every day on my walk to collect a newspaper I pass over these studs warning the blind or poorly sighted that there is a road to be crossed.


Many drives to houses have been blocked paved but there are some that are more interesting.

Pebbles and a mixture of stones set in concrete
I guess that they are a bit of a bumpy ride; much smoother are these recycled cobbles.


However the first uncarpeted floor I see each day is the one in our kitchen - with tiles that originated in Spain.


To check out Carmi's post and any other contributors follow the links at Thematic-photographic-420-floored.

3 comments:

Jo said...

I had never heard about those bumps to warn blind people they are close to a road. What a great idea. The idea of having driveways made of all kind of stone seems daft to me as if the car drips some oil or something, it is difficult to clean.

21 Wits said...

A most wonderful wide range collection of floors! Thanks Bob, and thanks for posting it on FB that's where I first saw this theme! I've missed playing along with Carmi's themes. Enjoy your weekend.

Pat Tillett said...

So many choices! I've taken a few headers on my bike because of irregular surfaces in the street. Or maybe it was just me!