Pages

Sunday 25 June 2017

Festivals/Events - Sunday Stamps II

We are on holiday this week, but not at the Glastonbury Festival.

I have to confess that I have never, ever attended a musical festival of any sort. In fact the only festival I went to was back in 1951.


Great Britain
What a shame that the Dome of Discovery and the Skylon did not appear on stamps, but in those days stamps were much more sedate.

A week ago yesterday saw the annual Trooping of the Colour as part of the Queen's official birthday celebrations. In 2005 a set of four stamps commemorated the occasion. Here's just one of them - 

Great Britain
To attend other events please visit the links at Sunday-Stamps-II-132


3 comments:

violet s said...

I think the Festival of Britain must have been an exciting event for people so soon after the war.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Bob - yes so many festivals - I certainly don't go ... the nearest I got was as a babe on my father's shoulders at the Olympics at the bottom of our garden as the marathon runners went past in 1948 - that's me!! They must have wilted in the heat last week ... but these spectacles are wonderful to see - cheers Hilary

Maria said...

Hi Bob, I also posted about Queen Elizabeth this weekend. A postcard though, not a stamp. Nice to see this one. PS. I've never been to any music festival myself!