Pages

Sunday 26 March 2017

Flying - Sunday Stamps II

I wondered when I would get the chance to post from both the DDR (East Germany) and West Germany at the same time. Today's the day with this 'Flying' theme.


DDR - Airmail -13 December 1957
And from the West a more colourful helicopter in an industry and technical series.

West Germany - 15 May 1975
For an earlier Airmail we have to fly over the Temple of Heaven in Beijing.

China - 1 May 1951
The temple complex was constructed in the 1400s; it became a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1998. another one I will not get to see.

Now take off and get flying not forgetting to change planes at the links on Sunday-Stamps-II-119.

7 comments:

Mail Adventures said...

I think I hadn't seem alot of helicopters on stamps...

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Bob - that DDR plane looks viscious ... but as you say - you can get West Germany in too ... lots of helicopters recently - in London on thursday and along the coast here ...

The temple complex looks wonderful - interesting it was constructed so long ago ...

Cheers - I hope you're flying out into the lovely weather ... take care - Hilary

FinnBadger said...

Like Eva, I was surprised to see a helicopter - not a common stamp theme compared to planes. And amazing to see a DDR stamp - great blog today.

violet s said...

That helicopter is cool!

viridian said...

I agree with Eva, helicopters are a little unusual.

Joy said...

Nice to combine the two parts of Germany. Like everyone else, a helicopter is unusual on a stamp and I can only think of an emergency services theme but I am sure if I went looking I would be proved wrong for stamp subjects never ceases to astound.

Maria said...

Hi Bob, with my limited knowledge about Germany politics, I only learned very recently on the history of west and east. Perfect timing for me to able to have this background to appreciate your stamps even more.