Pages

Sunday 15 January 2017

Winter sports - Sunday Stamps II

There's a Nordic slant to my stamps this week once you've been to winter sports at Bariloche in

Argentina - 17 June 1971
and to see a bobsleigh team for 

San Marino - 15 December 1955
at Cortina d'Ampezzo, Italy.

In Norway you could partake in ski sports at Hjemland

Norway - 15 Jan 1975
I don't remember seeing a skier dressed like that!

I only remember the football World Cup in 1966 so would not have been aware of the World Speed Skating Championships held in Gothenburg that year.

Sweden - 18 Feb 1966

I've managed to find four different winter sport disciplines so check out Sunday-Stamps-II-109. to enjoy others.


5 comments:

VioletSky said...

I love the Norwegian skier's outfit!! Though her ski pole looks awfully long, does it not?
It's also nice to see the spectators in Argentina.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Bob - we can pick up so much from stamps ... fascinating four you've selected/found - love the red lady ... cheers Hilary

Joy said...

Pretty Norwegian stamp, that would be a nice Christmas stamp also. I imagine they were still using wooden skies at the time of the clothing. How technology has changed sports.

Mail Adventures said...

As most commenters have said, my favourite is that elegant lady in red. I guess in Norway people can sky with any outfit,and with their eyes closed!

likeschocolate said...

These stamps are absolutely fantastic! Have a great week and thanks for sharing!