Pages

Friday 12 August 2016

Reflective - Thematic Photography

We have had some domestic problems this week with cars and bathroom electrical cord-pull switches, but at least I can reflect on some good fortune in winning our kitty on the lottery jackpot ball.

For a reflective photographic theme I have had to chose some shots from within our home.

Mirror, mirror on the wall
But soft, what light through yonder window breaks
Multiple kitchen reflections, inside and out
I'm not sure that Joshua Reynolds would have said to find a window 'in' his painting - 

Even if it is a copy
Van Gogh on the other hand would just have said of his sunflowers - 

'What's this ere?
I leave you to think of the reflective gentlemen depicted in a drawing of an industrial scene which hangs on my office wall.

Perhaps, 'It will never work!'
For more reflective experiences search the links at Carmi's thematic-photographic-379.

5 comments:

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Bob - you've selected some fun reflections ... and I love the industrial print in your study ... cheers Hilary

Gilly said...

I like that mirror you've got! And you've got some lovely shots there of reflections. That industrial print is fascinating - what has he invented? Can't quite make it out.

Common Household Mom said...

I love the light coming through your kitchen window. And the painting on your office wall - amusing!

Alexia said...

I enjoyed seeing all of your reflective selections, Bob, and it looks as if you enjoyed finding them. Like the others who have commented, I was intrigued by the drawing you have in your office - I hope it did work, whatever it was!

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

I love the peek onto your patio (reminds me of a house we once owned where greenery and patio abided side-by-side) and your wry humor made me smile all around.