Pages

Sunday 5 July 2015

Postal Theme - Sunday Stamps II

I've used up all my postbox stamps before so I shall have to use some stamps that I didn't realise were part of a postal issue.

I'm sure however that no one would forget to use the postal code if they had a stamp like this.


The next three stamps were 'scattered' across an album page. It was only when I searched for mail related stamps that I found they were a part of a postal issue set from 1974.


Czechoslovakia - 1974
All I have to do now is to find the other one that makes up the set - a postilion on a horse.

For postboxes and postal themes from other countries just follow the links at Sunday-Stamps-ii-29.

7 comments:

VioletSky said...

I'd forgotten about that Canadian stamp. I think it must be from the late 70's when it became mandatory to use the new postal code because of the new automated sorting machines.
Good search on all these mail related stamps.

Joy said...

Yes it would be rather ironic if one forgot to put the post code on after attaching the Canadian stamp. I like the Czech set with its postal symbols.

FinnBadger said...

Nice selection. The Czech stamps are interesting - part stylized, post detailed.

Jo said...

I guess I wasn't here when that stamp was issued. I like the Czech ones too.

21 Wits said...

So very true! Great stamps this week too!

Heleen said...

Great selection! By the way, I wouldn't mind when you would post already-posted-stamps again!

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

I like the Canadian one. If it does date from the 70s, that must be about the same time as the UK started using postcodes.