Pages

Sunday 7 June 2015

Stylish Clothes - Sunday Stamps II

I have never claimed to be stylish and my wife often says "You can't wear those together."

 I suppose I shouldn't have been surprised that I can only find one stamp in my collection for this week's theme.

Great Britain - 2001, Top Hat by Stephen Jones
I've never worn a top hat, The series for Fashion Hats contains three others that wouldn't suit me either. They are:
  • 1st - Toque Hat by Pip Hackett
  • E - Butterfly Hat by Dai Rees
  • 65p - Spiral Hat by Philip Treacy
What have I learnt this week from the Fashion Hats?

To me Dai Rees was a golfer and E is the denomination for stamps intended for postage to Europe. I don't have any E stamps either.

I guess that I shall just have to raise my baseball cap to those that have and can demonstrate stylish clothes at Sunday-Stamps-ii.


6 comments:

Joy said...

That is a very strange stamp, it must be his thinking cap.

violet s said...

Personally, I'm not sure how anyone manages to keep these hats on their heads!
As a Canadian, I was interested in seeing the 'toque hat" (surely a redundancy, no?) and discovered a tuque like nothing we would call a tuque (a knitted cap with a rolled up brim).

FinnBadger said...

Great stamp!

Jo said...

Wot no friends in Europe Bob? Doesn't look much like a top hat anyway. My husband has a better sense of style than I.

Buckeroomama said...

What a special stamp!

21 Wits said...

Ha! Ha! Sounds like me talking to my hubby sometimes! Great stamp Bob!