Pages

Tuesday 18 November 2014

Vehicular Etc. - Thematic Photography

As every motorist knows there are times when your vehicle has to make a pit stop for - 


Fuel - Shell Service Station. Cross Roads Garage, Yarm

Or - 

Service, repairs or body shop - Arncliffe Garage, Kirklevington
Unfortunately there are times when you just get - 

Stuck in a pit!
The driver was too embarrassed to be photographed being towed out.

Now it's out and over to the vehicular links at Carmi's Thematic-Photographic-317.

8 comments:

Gilly said...

Had to laugh at the be-gravelled car! Nice colourful shots as well"!

Jo said...

How did that happen? Amazing such a big gas station (sorry petrol).

Bob Scotney said...

Jo - Nearly laid gravel pull-in, used before the base material had hardened up. OK now.
I said fuel to avoid petrol/gasoline.

21 Wits said...

Great gads, what in the world was that driver doing to end up like that! Too silly, but I really like the car! Great shots of the town and car shops, especially seeing the old Shell gas/service stations, which I grew up with in Michigan!

Max Sartin said...

Had to laugh at the "Stuck in a pit!" shot. Reminded me of when I was a new driver (and 16) and took my mom's car onto the "runaway truck lane" on the freeway. Very loose gravel, got the car stuck.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

It looked like a nice parking spot...but it was a TRAP!
~

Bob Scotney said...

Karen - Silly wasn't the word I used. The gravel pull in had just been renewed after 25 years use. The base material has now hardened up and we can use it safely.

carmilevy said...

I don't want to know what that last driver was up to. Amazing capture, though: I can easily see why anonymity was preferred.

Thank you for this series, Bob. I felt like I was on the road with you: Wish I had that opportunity for real!