Pages

Sunday 19 October 2014

Harvest/country life - Sunday Stamps

I found this week's theme more difficult than expected. I have had to include a Danish stamp I have shown before.

Denmark - Binder
This machine was used to cut the corn and bind it into sheaves in the days before the existence of the combine harvester. You might say that this relates to summer rather than the autumn season.

I have been unable to trace the subject of my second stamp but I felt it may represent country life in an African country. 

Senegal
To see how well others have met the theme of country life/harvest/autumn please follow the links at Viridian's Sunday-Stamps-192.

8 comments:

agi said...

love the senegal stamp, showing a country life in a different culture seems apt to me. it actually bears similarities to my country in the years the stamp was issued.

Mail Adventures said...

I love both stamps. You couldn't find best stamps to fit in this theme.

Joy said...

Nice autumnal coloured stamps. Beautifully engraved stamp from Denmark, its almost abstract

VioletSky said...

With your explanation of the Danish binder, I can now see it, but I would have had trouble identifying it without any clues!

Postcardy said...

I thought I didn't have any stamps for this theme, especially ones I hadn't used before. I was glad to discover I had one.

Jo said...

I had trouble with the Danish stamp too. I like the Senegal stamp too.

Lisa B said...

The Danish stamp does need a trained eye to recognise the image, but an interesting design nonetheless. Fine choices for the theme.

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

I do think of autumn when I see a combine harvester. Harvest = autumn in my mind.