Pages

Sunday 24 November 2013

Singers on Sunday Stamps

As I have used all  my stamps showing individual singers before I have had to think laterally this week to come up with something relevant.

So I will start with a stamp from the USA Celebrating the Century - for the 1940s.

1940s - The Big Band Sound
Unfortunately I am unable to name the band or the singer at the mike.

Another group features on my second stamp.

Great Britain - Carol Singers - 1978
This stamp is from a set of four Christmas stamps - I'll post them all in two weeks time.

As I have gone out on a bit of a limb this week I'll go a bit further out on a branch.

Republic of Togo - European Goldfinch
Hopefully you will agree that a songbird like this is eligible as a singer. It's one of my favourite birds.

For other more conventional singers please fly over to Viridian's Sunday-Stamps-147.

10 comments:

Lisa B said...

The big band stamp is wonderful, and I think the bird is a fine singer too :).

Joy said...

Just trying to think of big bands of the 40s, not doing too well:-) The goldfinch has my vote, like your thinking.

21 Wits said...

Wow, great stamps again Bob, the colors in these are so rich!

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

Ah, I see you have gone for the same set of Christmas stamps as I did. I rather like the bird, though.

luvlinens said...

Love Big Band music. Nice colorful stamp. I have no idea who the band might be either.

Postcardy said...

I tried looking up the "Big Band Sound" stamp but the band doesn't seem to be named. I think it isn't meant to be a specific band.

viridian said...

maybe the it is supposed to be a generic Big Band - representing any of the bands of that era.
thank you fro joining in this week!

Heleen said...

I agree: song birds are great singers! Love to hear them singing early in the morning.
Great other singer (and band) stamps, too!

VioletSky said...

Great lateral thinking!!

Mail Adventures said...

Do you think you cheat because of the bird singer? Well, I posted an elephant singer...! ;)