Pages

Wednesday 20 November 2013

Drink - Thematic Photography

I have no problem with Carmi's theme this week. However I do have a drink problem as every day when I walk to fetch my paper I am faced with this sight at the Shell Service Station.

Drinks for Sale
Now I'm not allowed to choose an alcoholic drink, but I'm spoilt for choice if I decide on something soft.

Soft Drinks
Most of these contain too much sugar or things that rot other things besides your teeth.

Back home I'm not helped when I open the drinks cabinet as its contents are forbidden to me too.

A few bottles of stronger stuff
There is no chance of me seeing pink elephants out in the garden, but I'm not sure where the dog came from.

White wine (and a hand ready to smack if I dare to touch)
Just watching is thirsty work and some earn their chance to drink.

Police horses take a break on the Rochester Paint Creek Trail
Others drink where they can find it in order to survive.

Wood Pigeon at the birdbath
However it's now reached the time of year when although there is so much rain they do not have to wait for me to fill it up, they may have to break the ice to get their drink.

If you like ice in your drinks then perhaps you will be offered something on the rocks when you visit imbibers at Thematic-photographic-269.



7 comments:

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...


smile

21 Wits said...

Bob, I do like your drink photos, and sorry about the sight you're forced to see, but you do have that charming little puppy dog that is just adorable, besides of course your live dogs, which will always fade all that bad stuff away! I enjoyed drinking up your photos!

Michèle et Jean-Claude said...

Wow, what a great variety interpreting this week's thème!

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Candy is dandy, but liquor is quicker...for ruining our health!
~

Unknown said...

Hi Bob

It's amazing where these prompts will take you, isn't it. I went to Tesco yesterday with a £9 off voucher. All I had to do was make sure the bill came to at least £60. It was a good excuse to renew my suopply of Cointreau. I may just have to have a little tipple now.

Jo said...

Sorry you're not allowed to drink. We have cut down our intake considerably. Guess one gets wiser with age, perhaps.

Great pix, especially the last few.

aw said...

Looking at those arrays of drinks makes me wonder just why it is the ones of an alcoholic variety which seem to have the most interesting bottles. Perhaps that is the answer to those trying to promote soft drinks - make the packaging more attractive! Actually my favourite image was the one of the horses enjoying a well-earned refreshment break.