Pages

Sunday 17 November 2013

B-o-o-o-ring - Sunday Stamps.

What constitutes a boring stamp? 

What is boring to one person may not be to another. They say that familiarity breeds contempt so it may be those that you see regularly that are boring to you.

That's something that doesn't apply to the ones I've chosen. Perhaps however you will recognise a trend in those I've decided to show.

Brazil
If they are a bit colourless then the next ones aren't.

Hungary
And what's more the design is a bit more elaborate in the next also.

Indonesia (I Think)
My final two have both colour and a more intricate design; some might find they are not boring at all.

Turkey
Now it's up to you to spot the trend in the stamps I've chosen before you cross over to Viridian's  Sunday-stamps-146. to check on what other stamps we are bored by.

10 comments:

La Crona said...

Not so boring, a part of an interesting collection.We are following your interesting trends.

VioletSky said...

ah yes, I do believe we have the same trend in our boring stamps ;)

I agree, that at first glance these stamps are very nice, but over time - possibly less time than for some other stamps - these would be almost unnoticed for their design.

Mail Adventures said...

You're right about the question: repetition could made stamps boring.


But those showed by you in this post... Well, I find them beautiful, and I don't mind to receive them!

Joy said...

They didn't try too hard with the Brazilian stamps did they although I quite like the 100 Turkey stamp it reminds me of the mosque paintings. I have a few of those Hungarian postage due stamps too, they must have been well used.

Jo said...

Not exactly boring but not exactly jump up with joy stamps either. I too like the 100 Turkey one.

Lisa B said...

The Turkish stamps are really good, especially the 100, the design is like the patterns you see on Islamic tiles.

viridian said...

Oh dear there is theme to find. I'm afraid I don't see it. I see simple numbers in the center, surrounded by a border, which may be more or less elaborate. I did note some post horns.
Thank you for joining in this week!

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

Well, it's not the rainbow which I first thought because Brazil is out of place. Alphabetic by country name?

I quite like the Turkish designs.

Maria said...

Yep it seems like just the price and some border design on the stamp are among what other bloggers have chosen as 'boring'. I didn't participate but it's nice to see what players for Sunday Stamps have posted for this theme.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

They all have numbers on them!

What do I win??

;-)

I used to collect coins. I was in a coin club, they'd get rolls of pennies from the bank, and us kids would go through them looking for rare ones.
~