Pages

Sunday 3 November 2013

Arctic and Antarctica - Sunday Stamps

I struggled with this theme until I remembered a stamp I have shown before.

Argentina and its Antarctic Territory
When it came to the Arctic I was a bit miffed when I found Iceland is just below the Arctic Circle. Then I found that the island of Grimsey off its north-east coast lies partly in the Arctic. What's more there is a stamp showing the island.

Iceland - Grimsey
For other stamps associated with the polar regions please visit Viridian's Sunday-stamps-144.

9 comments:

Jo said...

Wonder why they put this island on the stamp anyway?

Bob Scotney said...

Jo - They have stamps with other islands as well.

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

The Iceland stamp is very attractive.

Lisa B said...

I like the clarity of the design on the Argentine stamp.

21 Wits said...

I find them quite interesting. Very detailed as well, rich in design too.

VioletSky said...

The island stamp looks very interesting. I would not have expected so much green - so had to look it up. The weather sounds surprisingly agreeable, to me!

Joy said...

I'll have to think of Iceland in a different latitude now you've said that. They produce some nice stamps.

viridian said...

In my opinion Iceland counts as an arctic nation!
Thank you for joining in this week.

Wendy Tyler Ryan said...

I actually love the look of the Iceland stamp.