Pages

Sunday 6 October 2013

Industry on Sunday Stamps

I'm staying in Europe for my stamps on an industrial theme.

Belgium - 50th Anniversary of the International Labour Organisation - issue 31 May 1969
Two stamps from the former Democratic Republic of Germany (East Germany)

DDR - Machinists, 1953
DDR - 1953
From Norway I found  a stamp commemorating the centenary of the handcraft man's society in 1986.

Norway
As I started my career in industry at a British steelworks I was pleased to find I had a steelworks stamp - not from Britain though.

Portugal - Iron & Steel Complex, issued 2 January 1980
For other industrial examples please cross over to the links at Viridian's Sunday-stamps-141




10 comments:

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

Very attractive stamps. I particularly like the Belgian one which reminds me of that view of men eating their lunch on a girder.

Jo said...

Yes, that idea of men eating their lunch on a girder does remind one of the stamp, or the other way round. Interesting stamps.

Ana said...

I have that Portuguese one, along with another one from the set...but the rest I see for the first time...theme really well depicted on all :)

♥ Willa @ Postage Journal♥ said...

Working industry dominate our today's theme!

My Sunday Stamp

viridian said...

All are really wonderful stamps I have not seen before. Thank you for joining in.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Bob - interesting to see .. I'm sure working industries feature on many stamps.

I've just posted about the Millennium Window at Durham Cathedral - which has panels on each of the industries associated with Durham and its surrounds .. a history of Durham told in a window starting with St Cuthbert ..

Cheers Hilary

jared's mum said...

those are really a bunch of interesting stamps. not only do they have beautiful designs but they also have significant historical values.

Lisa B said...

I'm familiar with the DDR stamps, but haven't seen the others. The Belgian one looks something of a brain teaser in the design.

Joy said...

I love the wonderfully intricate Belgium construction stamp. Its always interesting to see how different countries treat a theme.

Unknown said...

The Belgian and the Portuguese ones are my favourites here. The detail in the artworks must have taken many painstaking hours to complete.