Pages

Wednesday 24 July 2013

A Blurry War - Thematic Photography

When I think of the hundreds of blurry photos that I have taken and destroyed or deleted I know why I have struggled with this week's blurred vision theme.

So I have had to resort to photos taken in the Mediterranean during WWII.

Malta blurred by German bombs.
Aircraft Carrier under attack
View astern
These shots are from my brother's war photos. He served in the Fleet Air Arm aboard carriers. If I had been there with my camera I'm sure my vision would have been blurred as well.

For other blurry shots visit  Carmi's thematic-photographic-253-blurred-vision.

8 comments:

carmilevy said...

Oh. My. GOD.

How lucky we are to have these from your brother. What courage he must have had to keep shooting when all hell was breaking loose around him. I'm deeply moved.

Max Sartin said...

Cool old pictures.

Alexia said...

I'm glad you had access to your brother's pictures, Bob - it is so salutary to be able to see real historical photos like these.

And I agree with you; it's all too easy to take a blurry shot - for me anyway!

Gilly said...

Fantastic shots from real action! How did he manage to stand there and take photos? Cameras, with film, weren't easy like digital today!
A brave man!

Alan Burnett said...

The blurriness almost lends a surreal tone to the image.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Those are very impressive.
~

Michèle et Jean-Claude said...

Soldiers are indeed so brave and the photos many took and that war photographers took remind us of the horror of war. Thank you for the opportunity to peak at a bit of history, horrible as it was.

Jo said...

I'm glad to say the rubble in Malta is no longer there. Funny someone said historical pictures, to me they are photos of my time.