Sunday, 19 May 2013

Finland - Sunday Stamps

Again I have to go back and show some old stamps from Finland. I must admit this is the first time I knew what they depicted.

From left to right these are:
  • Church at Lammi - 1957; the stamp reappears later with the denomination shown as 0,50
  • The Häme Bridge, Tampere
  • Pyhakoski Power Station - 1959; later the denomination is shown as 0,75
  • Helsinki South Harbour - 1958
  • Helsinki South Harbour - later
The building on the South Harbour Stamps is the Cathedral of St Nicholas which appeared on a stamp in 1950 commemorating the 400 years anniversary of Helsinki (I believe)'

For more Finnish views cross over to Viridian's Sunday-Stamps-123.


Joy said...

I love engraved stamps, these are a nice selection. Power stations seemed to be a popular theme in the 50s.

viridian said...

A nice engraved set. Thank for looking up what they depict. And thank you for participating.

Jo said...

Interesting stamps again. You must really be into collecting them.


Lisa B said...

They are nice designs, I was thinking about power stations on stamps too, very much of the era.

Karen S. said...

Very nice designs you always please us with your stamps!

VioletSky said...

I wasn't thinking about power stations at all, but will now be on the lookout!

♥♥ Willa ♥♥ said...

Super neat looking Finnish stamp!

Willa @ Postage Journal -
My Sunday Stamp#55: Stamps From Findland

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

I really like this style of stamp.

Hawwa said...

Nice selection! Very different from current Finnish stamps, isn't it?