Pages

Tuesday 26 March 2013

Grey - Thematic Photography

When the skies are grey and full of snow again, it was a delight to see Carmi's prompt - somehow I don't think I will match that.

This fellow has the wrong background if he wants to be inconspicuous.

Magpie in the open
Ships at war needed camouflage so why did they pick this colour.

Battleship Grey (1940s)
You may find different shades of grey (not fifty) in all sorts of places.

Cornish Rocks
Water seems to attract boys even if they have a heart of stone,

On the rocks
Finally an ancient place to meditate on a grey winter's day; I refuse to say it is spring.

Fountains Abbey
Now I suggest that you visit Carmi to stroke his dog and see some other shades of grey at Thematic-photographic-237.


11 comments:

Gilly said...

Love those rocks, and the sea, and Fountains Abbey looks quite sinister! Really must get over there sometime. When summer comes!

and I like the Magpie too - beautiful but destructive birds!

Michèle et Jean-Claude said...

Great shots! I love the magpie, not a bird we see at home in Eastern Canada or here in Florida. Some day we will get back to England and visit Abbeys, churches and castles!

21 Wits said...

I like your grey- they are cheery photos where grey is much to much in my day to day life right now! I had a feeling you'd pop in a ship too!

Alexia said...

I like both sets of grey rocks; a nice set of shots, Bob.

Rosalind Adam said...

I love the one with the boy with the heart of stone... and I'm glad there aren't fifty shades. That would never do!

Jo said...

Amazing how that magpie stands out. I think battleships get lost in the haze when out at sea.

Ah, spring.

JO ON FOOD, MY TRAVELS AND A SCENT OF CHOCOLATE

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Water always attracted me, Bob.

And now that I'm over 50...it still does.

Nice shots!
~

Kalei's Best Friend said...

U seem to always have a great cross section for Carmi's theme!. I love the one of the magpie.... the contrast and just the composition says it all... less is more....

Max Sartin said...

Love the greyscale picture of the old abbey. And the bird in the road. Great shots.

Unknown said...

Alas, sometimes a magpie just has to strut his stuff.

Kiwi Nomad said...

I love the photo of the rocks. We have some very grey rocks in this area, -greywacke- and I always used to find them a bit 'dowdy'- but then I discovered how very old they are. Grey seems more interesting now!