Pages

Tuesday 1 January 2013

2012 Favourites - Thematic Photography

I've taken Carmi's tip to show two or three or ten of my favourite photos of 2012. You will have seen some of these before.

March was the driest month of the year, just right for walks on a North Yorkshire beach.

Huntcliff, Saltburn beach - March 2012 
Horses. dogs and people use the beach.

Sunday morning ride - Saltburn
Flower of the month in July was this;

Lily
Butterflies were in short supply during the very wet summer but we did attract one or two.

Small Tortoiseshell Butterflies on Buddleia flower 
Meanwhile one of my grandsons had a successful surfing year.

Angus in action

In October there was this rather splendid fungus on a dead ash tree that I walk by several times a week.

Fungus on dead ash
No year would be complete without some photos of my daughter's dogs. Photographing black dogs is often a difficult task but here is one of the best.

Gem
She was part of this group on the same day in November.

Scout, Cody and Gem
As usual Scout has two balls in his mouth, one probably belongs to Gem. At 15, Cody is resting  with his ball within reach. They are all looking at what's going on down in the lake where there's -

Lily - searching for her ball. 
That's my ten favourites for the year.

Happy New Year to all in 2013.

Don't forget to check out other people's favourites at Thematic-photographic-faves-of-year

12 comments:

Gilly said...

Oh my! Someone's white dog is going to need a bath!!

Great photos, all of them. And a beautiful beach. And a sad ash tree, and really beautiful dogs!

I could take those home with me (the dogs, I mean!) any day of the week.

La Crona said...

You have summarized the past year with your photos.

dean said...

I think I like the second (yellow) surfer shot best. He's at the top of the frame, so he'll be coming down into it and that water looks cold.

21 Wits said...

Of course I do remember most of the dog shots, and the horses, all very cool, and now I have to pop over and check out Carmi's post too. It seems I see your post before his! When last I check he hadn't put a theme up yet. A very merry and happy new 2013 for you too Bob!

Max Sartin said...

Good choices, and those action shots are fantastic.

Alexia said...

Really good shots, Bob, bringing back great memories. I always like seeing your dog shots, and I love the horses on the beach.

Marc Latham said...

Nice set Bob, cheers for sharing in 2012 and best wishes for 2013...

Jo said...

Great pix Bob and have a wonderful New Year.

Magaly Guerrero said...

The surfers and Lily searching for her ball are glorious!

Vicki said...

Beautiful flower, great action shots, and animals ... you have encompassed what life is about. )

Catherine said...

Those action surfing shots are great. Looks like 2012 was a good year for you

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Great pics, Bob.

Here's to a happy new dog year!
~