Pages

Sunday 23 December 2012

Sunday Stamps at Christmas

The card I was expecting from Denmark, that I mentioned last week, arrived on time but did not contain a Christmas stamp. Nevertheless the envelope was quite festive as you can see.

Denmark 2012 - Hans Christian Andersen
The 2.00kroner stamp is one of four issued in June commemorating the fairy tales of Hans Christian Andersen; in this case - The Shepherdess and the Chimney Sweep.

Just to show that I have other Christmas stamps may I wish you and your families a very Merry Christmas with these two from Monaco.

Monaco - 2003/2002 
I hope you all have a great time; but also have the time to visit Viridian and others at Sunday-stamps-102.

10 comments:

Jo said...

I don't remember that story I will have to look it up. I went to Odense where HCA lived, lovely place.

Merry Christmas.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Bob .. our Christmas stamps were awful this year .. mind you they've outdone themselves with Olympic Stamps, Gold Medal stamps and ParaOlympic Stamps ...

Love seeing these .. cheers Hilary

Maria said...

Pretty flower Christmas stamps :) I think I don't have a single stamp from Monaco...lucky you!

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Joy said...

Just the time of year for a HCH story. Certainly a very festive envelope.
Wishing you a Merry Christmas.

VioletSky said...

I bought an anniversary edition of Anderson's stories for someone.... and had to get another for myself. There were many stories that were not as familiar as the others.
Merry Christmas.

Marcie said...

I really like the one from Monaco!

viridian said...

merry Christmas to you and yours. Thank you for sharing this week and hope to see you one more time this year.

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

At first glance I thought the Monaco stamps were poinsettia but on closer inspection they seem to be cactus flowers. I suppose they are from the Jardin Exotique.

Best Christmas wishes to you.

Helen said...

Merry Christmas Bob. I think the HCA stamp is really delightful, and with its rainbow colours looks quite festive, even if it is not a Christmas stamp. So thank-you for sharing it!

Kiron Manuel said...

Christmas is a nice theme.There are heaps of stamps on that topic.
You have created your blog well.
I have two blogs
http://butterflypostcardandstamp.blogspot.com
http://cardsoftheworld.blogspot.com