Pages

Wednesday 26 December 2012

Holiday Warmth - Thematic Photography

Carmi's 'warmth' theme had me struggling at first until I realised the answer was right in front of me.

Christmas Hearth
I'm sorry there is no 'cricket on the hearth' but if you are cold you could go closer to really feel the warmth.


Beware if you get up to festive hanky-panky in front of the fire as your reflection may show up in the background just like the pattern on the rug.

I really wanted to show some photos taken under a Cypriot sun but I was told that I would be censored if the ladies of the house were included. (Well I think censored was the word they used.) So I settled for the 'he-man' look instead.


Enjoy the rest of the holiday and have a Happy New Year, not forgetting to visit Carmi at thematic-photographic-227

9 comments:

La Crona said...

I have been at Cyprus twice and of course seen good Elvis imitations there.

Jo said...

Not fair to use a sunny picture on a cold winter's day. Now the fireplace, haven't lived with one for years, but they are always comforting.

Unknown said...

A nice display of warmth.. and glowing .We have a gas insert in our downstairs fire place and sealed off the big one upstairs. We enjoy the look & warmth without the dirt, soot and work of firewood.

21 Wits said...

Wow! I love your holiday warmth! A merry day after Christmas to you! Bob check out this video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvM3Lp_BZeQ

Gilly said...

Nice warm interpretation s there! And a fit man too!! ;)

Max Sartin said...

One thing I wish my house had - a nice fireplace. Great pictures!

Alexia said...

Wow! Some very, er.., attractive pictures there, Bob!

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

You just need some pets warming in front of that fire.

Want some?

;-)

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

LOL ... I'll remember to be careful of reflections from the fireplace now. Great picture of your trip!

Kathy M.