Pages

Tuesday 3 July 2012

Series - Thematic Photography

As soon as I saw Carmi's pelican today I knew immediately which series of pictures I wanted to show. These were taken at the lake in my daughter's property in Michigan.

Fawn at its favourite watering hole
I took a number of shots while it was drinking hoping all the while the dogs wouldn't spook it. When it had had enough it was a time to get moving.

Time to go.
On its way
Now for a bit of shade.

To the woods.
This series is made up of four shots from ten all taken from a distance of over 70 yards. Thankfully the dogs stayed away.

For other serial photos check out Carmi's Pelican Beach.



9 comments:

Max Sartin said...

Nice! I'm glad the dogs didn't scare the fawn away, great series of pictures.

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

pix of critters always gets my attention

*grin*

Bish Denham said...

Sweet, Bob. I only wish things looked as lush and green here in Texas as they did in Michigan.

Alexia said...

How lovely. I've never seen deer in the wild. Great series!

Jo said...

Dunno about Texas, they are not looking green and lush in Ontario either. Lovely pictures of the deer. Glad the dogs didn't frighten it.

21 Wits said...

Max this is so awesome! Love these captures. We had a mother turkey with about 6 or 7 of her young struting through our back yard this morning!

Jim said...

Nice series, Bob. We are seeing deer on the golf courses this summer also. No dogs though.
..

Gilly said...

That is a lovely series - so pleased you could keep your dogs quiet!

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Cute! I saw two fawns together at the golf course yesterday, but the camera was back at my bag.
~