Pages

Sunday 1 July 2012

Scenic views - Sunday Stamps

My scenic natural areas have a mountainous look about them,

The highest mountain in North America is Mount McKinley in Alaska.

USA - Mount McKinley, Alaska
In Europe you've a choice between:

Sweden
And two others from:

Norway
But if you fancy a scenic walk then perhaps you should travel to the otherside of the world.

Mount Taranaki, New Zealand
Taranaki, also called Mount Egmont, is said to be one of  the most symmetrical volcanic cones in the world.

Meanwhile back in Iceland there is a 700,000 yearold volcano covered by a glacier.

Dettifoss Waterfall and Snæfellsjökull, Iceland
Dettifoss, 44m high and 100m wide is said to be the most powerfull waterfall in Europe; Snæfellsjökull (or snow-fells glacier) is that 700,000 year old volcano.

For more scenic natural areas please pay a visit to other contributors to Viridian's sunday-stamps-77.





13 comments:

VioletSky said...

I like the Iceland stamps, especially that waterfall one with the two tiny figures.

LiT Web Studio said...

A great selection of mountain landscapes...I used to live in the foothills of the Sibillini Mountains in Italy...I chose the "Greenland Mountains" in my Sunday Stamps post too!

viridian said...

Let me start on an easy hike, and build up! Mt. McKinley is a difficult climb, so I have read. thank you for participating.

FilipBlog said...

You must have a big stamp collection to do these topic articles. Impressive.

Greetings,
Filip

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

Bob...thanks for dropping by my way and leaving a 'hey'

And thanks for the kudos

Yall have a great week

- Mac

21 Wits said...

Tremendously great stamps!

♥ Willa @ Postage Journal♥ said...

Your stamps are like a parade of nature,so beautiful! -- Willa @ Postage Journal

Joy said...

Superb mountain stamps, I think I would rather marvel at McKinley than climb it. Never heard of Dettifoss but the stamp makes it look very impressive.

Jo said...

Interesting stamps

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

I love your mountainous theme!

Little Nell said...

A nice collection for the ‘Happy Wanderer’.

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

These are great choices, Bob. That glacier covered volcano looks especially interesting.

Kathy M.

Helen said...

I really enjoyed your selection, Bob. I particularly like the Norwegian stamps; the one with the hikers in the foreground giving scale looks like a travel poster. Really cool.