Pages

Saturday 19 May 2012

Creative Chaos - Blog Award

Back in April during the A-Z Challenge Marc Latham of Folding Mirror Poetry fame was very prophetic when he gave this blog a Creative Chaos award.






This was at the stage when I was beginning despair over what castle to cover for X and Z. To make matters worksea load of unscheduled work arrived with urgent non-negotiable dead lines. Chaos reigned supreme - so supreme in fact that it is only now that I can't thank Marc and acknowledge the award.

As usual with these things there are tasks to perform; this is what I was asked to do.
1.  You must tell 3 completely weird things about your habits.  If you claim to have no weird habits, you’re lying and we’ll have to send an investigative team for further analysis.
2.  You must tell why you look at the “glass half full” scenario and ask “what? No coffee?”
3.  Complete one the following essay questions:  A.  You find yourself in a desolate place when your car breaks down.  You have no cellphone service, no Walmart (I know, GASP, right?), and only a candy bar for food.  It is 150 miles to the closest town.  What color are your pants and why?  B.  You find yourself having to ride an elevator quite frequently.  How do you pass the time to show off your creativity?
4. Then you are to nominate 5 random people.
5. Make sure to show proper gratitude to the person who nominated you whether that is to shower them with gifts, prizes, and cash or to see that they are put into a clown costume and photographed for internet mocking.
6.  Make sure to post the award somewhere other than the underside of the toilet seat.
Here's what I decided:
Task 1:
1. I'm told I always park my wife's car in the garage at an angle - an angle which makes it difficult for her to reverse out.
2. On my regular morning walk I try to identify three things that have changed since the day before (and the weather doesn't count.
3. I count the leaves as they appear on our newly planted pear tree,
Task 2:
This is much easier because whether the glass is half full or half empty makes no difference to me. If the contents are alcoholic it's forbidden. So I'm always justified in asking, "What? No coffee?"
Task 3:
I don't have a car and would be unable to borrow my wife's to drive to a desolate place. But if this unlikely event would happen I'd have to make sure that I was wearing my Union Jack pants as and aid to thumbing a lift in this Diamond Jubilee year.
Task 4:
It's a great pleasure for me to nominate 5 random people all of whom have contributed in one way or another to my chaotic blog, if only indirectly and they don't always know.
1 - Hilary Melton-Butcher at http://positiveletters.blogspot.co.uk/ for causing me to panic when she chose the same A-Z theme as me this year.
2 - David Robinson at http://www.dwrob.com/  for his support and good humour over a number of years. I just wonder whether he will tell me what to do with an award.
3. Alan Burnett at http://www.sepiasaturday.blogspot.co.uk/ for  a weekly blog that forces me and others to try to be creative each week.
4. Carmi Levy at http://www.writteninc.blogspot.co.uk/ for his weekly creative thematic photographic tasks that enable us to exhibit our photographic skills, if we can.
5. Viridian at http://viridianpostcard.blogspot.co.uk/ for her Sunday Stamps theme which showcases stamps from all round the world. I've had to dust off my albums again for this.
Task 5:
My thanks again to Marc who is quite a fellow not only for his ability to fold mirrors but also for his Werewolf of Oz and his Greengrey stories. 
Finally I shall post this award on my Awards page as a permanent reminder of the Chaos Theory.

2 comments:

Jo said...

Weird??? You're an Englishman and don't drink alcohol nor do you have a car? That would qualify in the weird category to me.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Bob .. many thanks for the link .. and delighted to see the others - some I need to know.

When other bloggers said they'd seen people blogging about castles - I too had apoplexy .. but our different approaches blended really well - and I thoroughly enjoyed having you around as well .. made it fun.

Oh by the way - you and the team are welcome to come down to Pensioner Land!!

Cheers Hilary